History

HISTORY

Sivakasi started developing into an economically vibrant industrial town by 1940 and 1950 due to the development of Match, Fire Works and Printing Industries. The industrialists, who sent their wards to far away Public Schools in hill stations like Ooty, Kodaikanal and Yercaud to get English medium education, felt the need of establishing such an English Medium School in Sivakasi itself for the benefit of the children of Sivakasi.

The Lions Club of Sivakasi, where the cream of the society meets to serve the society, understood the felt need and decided to start an English Medium School at Sivakasi, as its permanent project. So the Lions Kindergarten School was established in 1968 at a site of 15 cents magnanimously given to the Lions Club of Sivakasi for a nominal price by Messers KC.A.D. Chidambara Nadar and Gnanagiri Nadar of Coronation Litho Works, Sivakasi. Since its establishment in 1968, the Lions Kindergarten School steadily grew up into the Lions Junior School and then into the Sivakasi Lions Matriculation Higher Secondary School.

  • Auditorium
    Auditorium
  • Boys Hostel
    Boys Hostel
  • Conference Hall
    Conference Hall
  • Dining Hall
    Dining Hall
  • Front View
    Front View
  • Girls Hostel
    Girls Hostel
  • Junior Main Block
    Junior Main Block
  • KG Block
    KG Block
  • KG Park
    KG Park
  • Library
    Library
  • Main Gate
    Main Gate
  • Meeting Hall
    Meeting Hall
  • Mini Meeting
    Mini Meeting
  • Montessori Lab
    Montessori Lab
  • Pre KG Block
    Pre KG Block
  • Science Park
    Science Park
  • Sewage Treatment
    Sewage Treatment
  • Visitors Hall
    Visitors Hall

When the school required a spacious site at its growth into a primary school, the Palaniandavar Youngmen’s Sports Club of Messers K.S.S.P. Arumugaswamy Nadar, Dr. P.C. Mathews, S.A.K. Arunachala Nadar, K.T.R.Thavasiappa Nadar and K.P.S. Balakrishna Nadar graciously donated its vast site of 1.4 acres at the excellent locality of Palaniandavarpuram. The foundation stone for the three-floor school building, constructed with generous donations from the Club members and other Philanthropists, was laid on 6th April 1970 by Bharat Ratna K.Kamaraj, M.P., who was responsible for the creation of educational consciousness in Tamilnadu.

Affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, the school presented its first batch of students to All India Secondary School Examination in 1980 and All India Senior Secondary School Examinations in 1982. After switching over to the Matriculation and the Higher Secondary Board of Tamilnadu in 1983, the first batch wrote the Matriculation Examinations in 1983 and the Higher Secondary Examinations in 1984.

The academic year 2005-2006 was a milestone in the annals of the school. From a day school at Palaniyandavarpuram Colony, Sivakasi, it had become a Residential-cum-Day Boarding School with its senior classes from VI to XII shifted to a spacious 17.4 acre plot with separate hostels for Boys and Girls on Virudhunagar Road at the outskirt of Sivakasi.